04 January, 2013

Come back, be here.


And so it begins. Plans for a trip to the other side. First stop: Nashville.
I'm sure my suitcase will be lighter than my camera gear.


Seeing the country I live in, is so important to me. Not only through my photographers eyes, but through my soul. The thought of it is so freeing. There is so much in this country I haven't seen or experienced. I finally feel open to it all. I want to capture it all, me and Floyd (yes, I've got a name for my camera).

© Alicia von der Lieth 2013
I have always had a love affair with things of the South.

© Alicia von der Lieth 2013

        Open fields, barns, mossy wooden fences,  dirty boots and the sound of running horses. I can almost taste the crisp, open air now.

The idea of traveling has always been a romantic one to me, and I intend to have a wild and free romance with the South, with my camera strapped around my neck, ready to aim.